Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things that bring tears to my eyes...

Have you ever seen something and started to tear up? I know I have... they could be totally unrelated, but they stir emotions like none other... Here are a couple of things that move me:
  1. An old grandpa/ma on the sidewalk - they use a walker/wheelchair or just can't walk without support. And who should be at their side offering that support but their partner, with similar disadvantages that come with age. I always tear up when I see them hold hands to cross the street. I would like to be that grandma someday, with my dear old B by my side, holding my hand and helping me cross.
  2. A picture of a child in Somalia - I cannot tell you how many times I have been moved to tears looking at those pictures and wondering why I cannot change their situation. The latest one being this Pulitzer winning picture (below) which instantly drove me to tears.

If I think of others, I will add them on... What are some of the things that move you?

No comments: